Oz Designs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing The Testers

+123
biddybelle
Shelbad
sallyravels
umbribyz
psalm127
Sharonnz
Uneaklynn
nananne
Willowhillhart
Kiwimum1
knitwitkiwi
Calliclaire
Carlak
shortlette
Nurseryrhyme
birka
ViolettaIvanova
Angel3
pixieknitsali
Beee
MeeriG
anotherhopeful
Quinnsgran
jhcsmum
Supurlative
mum2five
hcsmum
Claude30
sewsable
Reillyjoe
2monkeysmum
wildthing1058
Tinbum
mcnutty
tuddlesmama
Tickles114
kellknit
Sweetp
rootoo
Monty
Kezmo
steppinginwater
Reebee
hudfamsix
Emma_B
bellasmama
LoriMum
Noisybabe007
Claysmum
lynleyg
VickiGow
Miissy
mamma5
Tastic
famous five
hetty24tigger
JoLucy
Whitehologram
Dell
oliveandemma
becstar101
Khari
alligatorknits
knitsandknots
BeckyEtal
Mara
snooks
altaze
FeltFusion
cathyrubin
Fairyblue
Smileykylie
Ali
Charys
sezza
emmacr
Kellie
Noli
grubbiejulz
foxslane
Miss-Shelley
Prairiedog
Delilah
Paws
KJ
amyloo
cabbettenz
mazadaz
Kris
serrawerra
Celia
arik
marshmellowmagic
theknitaholic
~sherree~
mrsloops
mrsmov
Fi
Possum
Aurenelia
Woolly-de-Rosie
usthree
howieandcharlie
Pookee
Skyflame
Shortly
hoaenz
Embeca
Bloss
Krissie
nova
Khai
Megan
willownz
Razz
Kimmik
jodesisme
Ali G
mumsbusycrafting
chocohog
Chevgirl
jodulbug
j-j
127 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Introducing The Testers Empty Introducing The Testers

Post by j-j Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:12 pm

Hi! I'm Julia, aka j-j.

I must admit, I'm a bit of a knitting-nut at the moment. Everything I do seems to involve thinking about what I'll be casting on next, the yarn I'll use, Ravelry, shopping and browsing for yarn, finding money for more yarn, Ravelry (again on purpose) and patterns. One of my latest loves though is testing. I love having a reason to tell my DH that I 'have to get this finished though for xyz' and I like being in on the hype. I like to create a bit of hype too though if I love the pattern and designer.

And this year I've been introduced to the idea of soft yarn (oh, and that it's yarn, and not wool). I really have been used to knitting with yarn that feels horrid and scratchy and blergh.

I've been knitting for probably 20 odd years, Mum painstakingly taught me to knit as a leftie when she wasn't herself. I must admit that some of my techniques have been a bit wonky but with the help of you-tube I'm getting a little chuffed these days when I work out how to do something 100% right - like short rows Smile

I'm a one WIP kinda gal. I won't cast on a new project until I have completed the one I started. This could come from the footstool of mangled and abandoned WIPs that my 3 sisters and I used to begin as kids.

I have 2 gorgeous children, Penny is 2 1/2, Timothy (Tim) is 8 months old (cute models Razz ). We live in Lower Hutt, NZ with our 2 cats and 2 dogs and a school in our backyard Rolling Eyes
j-j
j-j

Back to top Go down

Introducing The Testers Empty Re: Introducing The Testers

Post by jodulbug Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:10 pm

Hello Ladies,

I'm Jo and following Julia's lead wanted to introduce myself you lovely ladies.

I'm relatively new to knitting (only started last year) but have taken to it like a duck to water. I'm totally addicted and love everything about it. I love dying my own yarn and recently have done my first two test knits. One which I just had to dye my own yarn for so the colour was perfect Very Happy. I totally agree with Julia and get into the hype involved with test knitting, and have recently discovered that I too am a one WIP kinda gal. I like to finish things within a week (or close to it) and get totally obsessed with getting them just perfect.

I'm currently working on my own sewing design, which of course is knitting related Laughing: which I do during the day when my little person is in bed, my evenings are spent knitting, or browsing Rav for my next project. I knit every night so that I can spend some time with my very patient partner since we can at least sit in the same room.

I have always done something crafty, it's in my blood. My mum was a fantastic knitter (can not knit any longer Sad), but does crochet, and my MIL is a fantastic knitter. Although I have just shown her a new technique (magic loop) which made me laugh.

I'm willing to try anything new as I love a challenge and have found it's the best way to get me to try new knitting techniques.

I have one lovely daughter who is 17 months, with plans on having no.2 next year. We live in Oratia, Auckland, NZ, and have two yarn obsessed cats Laughing:
jodulbug
jodulbug

https://www.facebook.com/JodulbugCreations

Back to top Go down

Post by Chevgirl Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:39 am

Hi

I am Kate and getting more & more knitting & yarn obsessed! Laughing:

I was taught to knit when I was young by my Mum and my Nana was a fantastic knitter and sole many large garments.

I got back into knitting once I had my first daughter and LOVE it.

Ravelry is an amazing place to browse and drool over patterns and yarn people are using. I am also hand dying wool and love watching the yarn knit up.

I have 2 girls aged almost 4 years old and one year old. They love my knitting creations and are fantastic show ponies for the pieces too!

I am testing a pattern for kelly at the mo but am testing another one for someone else too - love trying out something new and helping designers and being one of first to try the pattern out. I am in awe of you designers!
Chevgirl
Chevgirl

http://www.chevgirl.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chocohog Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:43 am

Hi everyone

I'm Kathryn or chocohog here and on Ravelry.

I'm new to knitting and only completed my first project last December. Since then I have been exposed to the wonderful world of knitting and knitters! I've discovered all the really awesome patterns, learnt how to knit in the round (not too mention knit pick needles lol), magic loop and how to hand dye wool (though still very much a learner Laughing: ). I have wonderfully patient knitting friends who assist me in learning new skills when I fail to work it out from online sources.

I have a sweetheart of a boy who is just over 2 and my darling (not so Smile ) wee girl is 6 months. We live in Auckland, NZ.

I am totally amazed at the beautiful garments being designed and knitted by you all, you are very talented ladies! (just quietly I also love going into my local knitting shop where the old ladies ooh and ahh over the items I've finished Cool Laughing: ).

I have helped/am helping to test knit 3 patterns and feel that with my "novice eyes" I can help test a pattern's user-friendliness/skill level Wink .

chocohog

Back to top Go down

Post by mumsbusycrafting Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:01 am

Introducing myself as well!

I am Kylie and a SAHM to Amelia 4 and Baden 18months. I love knitting and anything crafty. I have so many WIP it is not funny, but I can not help but start something when I first see it. Ravelry has helped me through this and have many items favoured and qued 'just cause'

I am an Army wife to a fab husband, Tim who's job ships us from one end of Australia to the net every few years. We are about to embark on our 7th adventure in 7 years affraid And will miss the winters of NSW when we move - it has been great to knit and not be hot for three years. Although I am very excited to be moving to Brisbane (I am originally a QLD girl) and also about having Tangled Yarns as my LYS.

Anyway - that is about it. I blog at http://craftedbykylie.blogspot.com and am mumsbusycrafting on Rav.

mumsbusycrafting

http://mealyandi.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali G Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:17 pm

Hi fellow knitting nuts Very Happy

I'm Ali, from Island Bay, Wellington, NZ. I've been knitting for about 31 years ( Shocked: ), but was only introduced to the wonderful world of Ravelry and the magic of interchangeable circular knitting needles, magic loop, and other fab knitting techniques in the last 18 months or so.

Like Julia and Jo, I love the "hype" of testing new patterns. I can't design to save myself, so testing is the next best thing!

I am a SAHM (well, I work part-time in a private hospital, but only one evening and one weekend shift) of four children - Finlay (11yrs), Oliver (9yrs), Izzy (7yrs) and Tessa (22 months).

I love knitting and sewing and generally creating stuff sunny
Ali G
Ali G

Back to top Go down

Post by jodesisme Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:29 pm

Howdy *waves* I'm Jodi from NSW, AKA jodesisme on Ravelry and I'm addicted to knitting.

I came here to test knit for Kelly - actually I have a confession to make Very Happy I'm a bit of a fan of Kelly's patterns. I love the way she writes them and really enjoy knitting from them. I often say if she bought out a pattern for seat covers for a VW I'd knit them.....I don't own a VW but that's just how much I love her patterns LOL!

I have 2 girls 10 month old Darci and 5 yo Tannah who can knit as well Smile.

As well as knitting I sew stuff LOL. I'm just about to open a store on OZ Handmade with my friend where we'll have our sewn goodies as well as Vanilla Soakers and Looking Glass Longies which we have a licence to sell. I hope to get a couple more licences soon but I'll see how I go with what I've got first.

jodesisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmik Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:59 pm

mumsbusycrafting wrote:I am Kylie and a SAHM to Amelia 4 and Baden 18months.

LOL Kylie, you're confusing me popping up everywhere! Laughing:

Kimmik

Back to top Go down

Post by mumsbusycrafting Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:47 am

Kimmik wrote:
mumsbusycrafting wrote:I am Kylie and a SAHM to Amelia 4 and Baden 18months.

LOL Kylie, you're confusing me popping up everywhere! Laughing:

Sorry about that Kim - where else am I popping up that you know of - Laughing: - a little scary when you think of it that way. Should I join stalkers annon??? Wink

mumsbusycrafting

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmik Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:10 pm

LOL

I can think of 3 places where we keep "bumping" into each other Laughing: not really sure who's stalking who here!! Wink

it's the different usernames.... messing with my head 👅

Kimmik

Back to top Go down

Post by mumsbusycrafting Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:25 pm

hehe - ok

Mumsbusycrafting - rav, eb and here
CraftyMamas - tkp02 (only cause I cant change it and signed up pre children Razz

mumsbusycrafting

Back to top Go down

Post by Razz Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:12 am

Hi I'm Rachel/Razz, depending where you know me from (i answer to both Laughing: ) I live in Auckland, NZ

I've tested a few of kelly's patterns and really enjoyed it. I love being given a deadline and love trying new things.

I am definitely NOT a one WIP at a time kind of gal, used to be but gave up.

I have also written a pattern or two and a few of the girls on here will be testing for me after finishing Kelly's patterns. I really enjoy the creating process and seeing something evolve from random knitting.

I LOVE girly knits. After 2 boys (nate - 5, Zach - 3) I had a wee girl (Kaia - 22 m ) and I am reveling in all things girly.
Razz
Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by willownz Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:46 pm

Hi,
I am Helen and I live in sunny Dunedin. I learnt to knit when I was 8 but didn't start doing it seriously until I was 22, so I have been obsessed for nearly 8 years now. My Mum and Grandma and Aunt also knit and my two kids (3 and 1) think they can knit too.
I have tested a few of Kelly's patterns and I am just about to test another. I have way to many projects on the go, currently knitting Damson by Ysolda Teague, my first shawl. Living in a cold climate I can pretty much knit and wear woollies all year round.

willownz

http://purplefish.g.org.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Megan Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:21 am

Hi, I'm Megan and I live on the West Coast of the South Island of New Zealand. I've been knitting since I was about 20 (so ten years now) and I am currently madly knitting for my one-year-old niece who lives in London and will be needing her winter woollies soon.
I have a little boy, Tommy, who will be three in a couple of weeks and has thankfully finally decided that he will wear knitted garments after all.
I've done a few test knits before and I really enjoy it. I've only designed one pattern myself (a toy rocket) but my head is starting to buzz with ideas.

Megan

Back to top Go down

Post by Khai Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:15 am

I'm Kylie (or Khai to most). I live in Napier, New Zealand. I have a husband who has his own house design business (works from home, though I don't see him much as he's busy these days) and a 19mth old boy, Hunter (he's a really cool dude). I learnt to knit when I was 8 and restarted around 4 years ago. Love seamless knits and Kelly and Georgie's patterns (I like not having to modify things to get them to fit right Introducing The Testers Icon_wink ). I'm one of Kelly's testers, but look forward to testing other people's patterns too.
Khai
Khai

Back to top Go down

Post by nova Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:55 pm

hiya i'm nova, here and in real life, & novanz on rav Introducing The Testers Icon_biggrin

currently doing a test knit for rachel/razz depending on who she is right now Introducing The Testers Icon_wink just finishing touches to go!

i'm mum to lexi who is a 'bonny' 3.75 year old girl with crazy curls & bright blue eyes, and eli who is 17 months old, teeny tiny & he gives einstein's hair a run for it's money Introducing The Testers Icon_lol i also have 2 step kids aged 6 & 10. ermm.. i've been knitting for 3.5 years, and can crochet, spin, felt, sew, needle felt, dye & various other crafty pursuits to differing degrees of success! i'm also on a crazy destash mission at the moment (because my stash sucks!) . umm.. i also live in auckland, NZ, think about things too much & am inherently goofy.

oh and i blog at NewlyMade Introducing The Testers Star3

nice to 'meet' you! (not all you lot that i already know though! Razz )
nova
nova

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissie Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:27 am

I'm not very good at introductions but here goes Smile

I'm Krissie here there and everywhere (including Ravelry), also known as mum, mummy, and ma-meeeeee to my 2 darling daughters Zoe (6) and Morgan (23 months)

My nana taught me to knit when I was about 8, I remember knitting my barbies a few blankets and then I stopped. I tried to knit a hat when I was pregnant with Morgan but I never finished it. Started knitting properly at the end of last year and am loving it. Love to try new things and new techniques (although I have been known to throw knitting in the corner when I can't get something right)

I'm not a one WIP girl, I like to have a couple of projects on the go - an easy one to knit when I'm watching tv and a slightly harder one that needs a little bit of attention for when its a boring tv night Razz DP works a lot of night shifts so my knitting keeps me company most evenings after the kids are in bed Smile

I've test knit for Kelly and Georgie before, and I've just finished another test-knit for Kelly and almost halfway through one for Rachel/Razz Smile

And that's enough about me for now Smile

Krissie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloss Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:47 am

Embarassed: just realised I haven't yet introduced myself Embarassed:

I'm Bloss/Blossom aka Janine irl. My family have recently moved to the Kapiti Coast in NZ, Paraparaumu Beach to be exact. (Well, we're a couple of blocks from the beach Cool )

I have two wonderful kiddies, Logan who is nearly 7 and Zoe is 3.75 (a few days older than Nova's Lexi Wink )

I learnt to knit when I was younger but never really did anything other than long lengths of nothing (wannabe scarves Laughing: ) and it's not until the last few years that I've decided to learn how to knit properly.

I've been testing Razz's latest pattern, in fact I finished the first one and have since knitted two more (I love it so much Very Happy ) I don't think I've actually stopped knitting over the last few weeks, I'm now onto my 5th item which I started this morning and plan to have finished tonight (a nb vest from Ravelry).

Umm... yeah, I'm not really a one WIP gal, if the pattern is easy enough and I don't make too many mistakes Rolling Eyes I'll finish something asap, but if I start to make too many stuff-ups I'll put it down and start on something else Embarassed: Laughing:

Bloss

Back to top Go down

Post by Embeca Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:14 pm

Right...

Sorry for the delay in my introduction but I thought I should get the Pinny done for Kelly first ... Yes my first test knit Introducing The Testers Icon_redface

So my name is Sam (Embeca on Rav, Samg on TNN), I'm a STHM + Kidstart Caregiver, We live Rural Taranaki ( New Plymouth /NZ) on our 2.5 acre plot which we have just moved to so still very exciting. My DH works long hours Contracting during the summer so i have lots of Knitting time when i'm not running after our two wee girls - Emma 2.5yrs and Beca .5 yrs. Emma is also developing a true love for knitting and her dolly seems to only be aloud to wear knitted items now Introducing The Testers Icon_cool

I'm still a beginner knitter and my imagination seems to be able to knit better than what i actually can at the moment, but that just means more practice! .. I welcome all challenges and love to further my skills - i saying that i did design my 2nd knit which was Becas dress (have a nosey on Rav http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Embeca/rebeccas-dress ) - and i'm up for any test knitting as i can also knit for my nephew (1yr)

So apart from Knitting i'm obsesed with dying and soon to be spinning Introducing The Testers Icon_redface Introducing The Testers Icon_redface and ofcourse i love everything crafty - it all started with Scrapbooking Introducing The Testers Icon_rolleyes and my Blog (http://samssnips.blogspot.com/ ) is oozing with goodness that inspires me.

I think thats enough for now ... oh and i love chatting and checking out what everyone else is doing
Embeca
Embeca

http://samssnips.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hoaenz Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:53 am

Hi I'm Anthea (hoaenz online) - another Rural Taranaki NZ girl (hi Sam!).

I learnt to knit as a child but then didn't for a long time and since picking up needles again I have only ever stuck with simple patterns as seems I am easily confused these days Introducing The Testers Icon_lol or maybe its the kid distraction factor? Whatever it is at the moment I think I'm a good tester if you are wanting to check how easy your pattern is to interpret or to see how people attempting something for the first few times would manage it - cause if i can get through it without confuzzlement then anyone can. Introducing The Testers Icon_lol
I have only done a couple of test knits so far but like how the timeframes keep me motivated so they actually get done in a reasonable timeframe.

hoaenz

Back to top Go down

Post by Shortly Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:24 am

Hi all Introducing The Testers Icon_smile I'm Sheryl, and another 'Naki girl Introducing The Testers Icon_smile

Another knitter since childhood (My gollies were well clothed) and knit thru my teens and took a break until baby knitting inspired me again.

My kidlets are DS 12, DD3 and DD 16 months.

I am an obsessive knitter, I adore sock knitting, knitting for the kids, and knitting for myself too. I blog about my knitting adventures at Shortly Stitches : http://shortly24.wordpress.com

I came onboard here with Razz, and have done a wee bit of test knitting in the past Introducing The Testers Icon_smile

Shortly

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyflame Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:11 am

Hi everyone, thought I should get around to posting an introduction.I am Julie and yet another Kiwi lurking around here.  I started knitting 2 years ago about 6 months after my first son was born and wanted to knit him a pair of longies.  I have been enjoying it more and more lately so my second son is enjoying a lot of knitted items.I am probably a reasonably begginer knitter although am loving trying/learning new techniques with each new project.I have two boys who are 2.5 yrs and 3 months, but also have access to a 6 month old boy and girl, who love to be testers of my projects ;)I have only done a couple of test knits so far, but have followed Kelly over here Wink

Skyflame

Back to top Go down

Post by Pookee Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:49 am

OMG I thought I'd written on this - how bad am I!

I'm Mel, I live in Lower Hutt, NZ (not too far from Julia). I have 2 kids - Sasha who is 4 in 2 weeks, and Ryan who is 1 in 2.5 weeks (yeah didn't plan that one too well did I!)

I'm a plodder of a knitter. I try to only have 1 thing on at a time (though with Xmas coming fast its gone up to 2-3!) knitting is really my only craft hobby and I learned to knit when I was pregnant with my DD and she's 4 in 2 weeks.

I'm a crazy cack-handed knitter - I keep thinking I should try to learn how to do it properly but as it all comes out looking right at the end its not too big a deal for me!

I have test knit 1 thing so far (Spring Butterfly for Rachel) and am doing the Kaia Babydoll for her too Smile I really enjoy being part of the creation phase for you amazingly talented women!

Pookee

Back to top Go down

Post by howieandcharlie Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:53 am

Just a quick update to this Smile

Hi I'm Anna (howieandcharlie) both here and on Rav (and on most places come to think of it - having 1 user name makes it easy for me)

I am Mum to 3 little girls, Miriam (nearly 5) and Harriet (3) and little Margot who is nearly 5 months old.

I work 4 days a week in OHS and spend the rest of my time playing with my kids, knitting and sewing and occassionally cleaning my house - though I am enjoying the last couples of months of maternity leave right now Smile

I have test knit a few things for Anne (Ladybugs Loops), Kath, Georgie, Rachel and Shannon and I seem to have found the right balance between test knit addiction (or test knit over commitment) and test knit motivation Smile

Last edited by howieandcharlie on Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:34 am; edited 2 times in total
howieandcharlie
howieandcharlie

Back to top Go down

Post by usthree Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:45 pm

I'm Amber. I'm from the Wairarapa in NZ and have been knitting for a little while.

I've never been one to start with easy things - always jump in and try the hardest in a new technique. I figure that if you read instructions and follow them step by step then how hard can it be? (and You Tube is great when I need to see it done!)

I have three girls aged 6, 5 and almost 4 who all love it when I make things for them. I have a hard time choosing the right size to knit to fit who I intend, so now, when asked who I'm knitting for, I say "whoever it fits!"

Deadlines are great for me as most of my knitting is at the "almost finished" stage - i.e. needs ends sewn in and blocking etc - so sits in a pile/box in my office until I get around to it!

I'm on Rav with the same user name, though my projects page is seriously in need of updating as I'm constantly starting projects (have 4 different socks on the go and a shawl at the moment - none of which are mentioned!)
usthree
usthree

Back to top Go down

Post by Woolly-de-Rosie Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:52 am

I'm Rachel, Woolly-de-Rosie on Ravelry.

I have 5 children aged 19, 13, 12, 2.5 and 5mths. I live in a small town in country Victoria.

I have been knitting since I was a child, so about 30 years. I have done test knitting for Kelly, Katherine, Anne (Ladybug Loops), Celia of Celia's Basket and Tanya(TanyaD).

I thought I was an experienced knitter until I met Ravelry. Wow, I have learnt so much and I love it!
Woolly-de-Rosie
Woolly-de-Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurenelia Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:26 am

*wave*

I am Natalie, Aurenelia here and on Rav, I live in Auckland Smile
I have been knitting since I was pregnant with my 2.5 year old, I taught myself, but am still learning new things all the time.
I am mama to Amalia (5.5) Aston (2.5) Davien (1.5) and pregnant with my 4th due in May 2010.
I have done test knitting for both Kelly (Gurnard) and for Razz, offered to test knit for someone else on another forum im on which was a major disaster, and have just volunteered to knit for Kath Smile
Aurenelia
Aurenelia

Back to top Go down

Post by Possum Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:40 am

Hi, I'm Tanja. Gosh, there are quite a few familiar names on here. I'm Possum just about everywhere I go. I tried to join a forum once where "Possum" was already taken. I was so lost. Introducing The Testers Icon_lol

I've been knitting properly for over 3 years now, and dabbling with crochet along the way. My mum taught me to knit when I was little, but it took until my first child was in need of woolies for me to pick up the sticks again and finally learn to control my tension with my pinkie (I'm a continental knitter).

My wee knitting models are my two boys, aged (a very chubby) 9 months and (a very skinny) 3.5 years.

Possum

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:39 am

Hi,
I'm Fiona - very tired at the moment so this is brief, but I'm not being rude - honest.
Just wanted to say I am here, and I can knit OK Wink

I have Jenna who is nearly 5, and Hamish who has just turned 3, but is the size of a 2yo.

So thats me Smile

Fi

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmov Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:21 am

Just realised I never introduced myself on here...

I'm Stephanie, mumma to 2 gorgeous girls, Ella is nearly 3 & Sienna is 3 months.

I love knitting - it's my therapy. If I go a day without knitting, it's a bad day. I was a very, very beginner knitter 2 years ago & have certainly expanded my skills in that time.

I have done testing for Anne (a few patterns) & Kath. I'm looking forward to doing some testing for Tanja as a super beginner embellisher & about to test for Shannon too Smile I love the excitement of the testknit!

mrsmov

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsloops Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:53 am

Oh I better introduce myself too

I'm Anne, Mrsloops on rav

Knitting is also my therapy and it certainly keeps my sanity in tact through working and uni at the moment.

I've been knitting for over 30 years and crochet for about the same time. According to my grandmother I've been designing since I started knitting. I have several pieces I made when I was quite young without a pattern. I often make something up as I'm knitting and don't write it down so then have a nightmare of a time trying to reproduce it again. But I'm improving.

I have 3 little one's. 10 year old son C, 7 year old son A and 3 year old daughter AJ.

I've been test knitting for quite a while too for relatives, work colleagues and some oldies that I have adopted as grandmothers locally.

mrsloops

Back to top Go down

Post by ~sherree~ Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:50 am

hi im hippichick25 on rav and was sent here on a mission to test for shannon yay!!! love this forum!
ive been knitting since childhood and the wonderful world of rav has indeed opened my eyes too the wonderful yarn needles and patterns available

i look forward to seeing all the new ones here too Very Happy

~sherree~

Back to top Go down

Post by theknitaholic Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:21 am

Hi, I'm Marg and have joined as a test knitter for Shannon. I'm theknitaholic on Ravelry. I learnt to knit as a child but have been knitting for only about 6 years.

I have a beautiful newborn girl, Hannah, who I love to knit for. Looking forward to testing out new patterns for her!

theknitaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by marshmellowmagic Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:14 am

Hiya, I am Janis, Marshmellowmagic on Rav

I feel like the odd one out here as I am really new to knitting, I put my first knitting project on my projects page at the end of last year and since then I have loved it! That creates quite a problem for me as I am primarily a crochet designer and have crocheted since around 8 years old *coughs24years* I sound old when I say it out loud!

My Mother was a fabulous knitter and would make me stuff (which I hated) I was rather a tomboy growing up and knits were not practical for me! Mum tried to teach me to knit but it was a disaster, likewise I tried to teach her to crochet, pfft didn't work either. She passed away 9 years ago so I never got to say "look Mum I can knit" Sad

I have 3 children, Willow 5, Lydia 2, and Cooper 1, I am a SAHM, married to Simon who puts up with my over flowing endless stash, and my sewing machines in the kitchen. Infact he has got me a sleepout *due to arrive in 2 days* so I can craft in peace and quite :-) secretly I think he wants the house back :-)

Oh and I LOVE to talk, can ya tell??
marshmellowmagic
marshmellowmagic

Back to top Go down

Post by arik Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:42 pm

Hi all

I'm Kira, arik here and Rav. I've test knit for Kath and Anne in the past and love to knit stuff for everyone I know. My kids (almost 4yo son and 18mo daughter) have heaps of woollies, although poor DS is a bit neglected woolly-wise these days.

I recognise lots of people on here from Rav!

arik

Back to top Go down

Post by Celia Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:51 am

Hi
I am Celia here and on Rav. I test knit for others as well as design my own. I have a little 3 year old boy and I knit for him and myself. I have a serious lack of girl child models in my life as I only have nephews and no nieces!

I look forward to having stuff for you teo test and doing some testing myself.

Celia

Back to top Go down

Post by serrawerra Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:44 am

Hi, I'm Sarah. I think I know a few of you here Wink

I live in Island Bay, Wellington, just across the valley from Ali. I have 2 children - 9 year old Zoe and almost 6 Ryan - and funnily enough I knit a bit.

serrawerra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali G Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:12 pm

Hi Sarah *waves* . Great to see you on here Introducing The Testers Icon_biggrin
Ali G
Ali G

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:15 am

Hi everyone Smile

I'm Kris, monsterknitter on Rav and blogger http://monsterknit.blogspot.com/
I used to knit to sell but after our youngest and returning to uni (B Nurs) I don't have the time and am finding it much more enjoyable knitting for my family and friends along with some amazing trades ever now and again.
Kris
Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by mazadaz Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:31 am

Hi everyone,

I'm Mary, mazadaz in most places online. I learned to knit a very long time ago, probably from my grandmother. She owned a woolcraft shop/gallery in country Victoria and I spent lots and lots of holidays and weekends up there just hanging out. As I got older I used to test knit some of her patterns and often make stuff up for myself but are rarely disciplined enough to write them down. Happy to test knit as it is a wonderful little insight into the design process.

mazadaz

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbettenz Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:02 pm

Hi everyoneI'm Claire/ Cabbettenz (everywhere I go) SAHM to Lliam 5.5y (gosh how time flys). 9years married to Jo (hubby of all things geek) and living in Upper Hutt, NZ.   I've been knitting since I was 6, though have not had a lot of time for knitting in the last few years.  But holidays away tend to be rather productive - just ask Kate ; ) I'm a "many" project girl, though the aim this year is to finish all of the WIP's and start a fresh next year as a 1 WIP girl.  maybe.....I'm looking forward to taking on my first test knit for Julia.
cabbettenz
cabbettenz

Back to top Go down

Post by amyloo Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:34 am

hi guys, my name is amy, and have always been into knitting and sewing but much more into sewing, in the last year or so i have dusted off my knitting needles and im really enjoying all the funky new designs.
i am pleased to be testing little for j-j, am so excited and cant wait to see it all knitted up, its kinda weird knitting blind aye, i hope i get it right seen any pics of it yet Smile

amyloo

Back to top Go down

Post by j-j Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:38 am

There are a few pics of it on here Amy in the Call for Testers in the general discussion Smile but thanks for your help!
j-j
j-j

Back to top Go down

Post by KJ Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:30 am

Hello, I'm Michaela, known to most online as KJ, justkj on Rav. I'm a sahm Mum to 4 boys aged 10, 8, 4 and 19mths, currently live in the Manawatu, but moving very soon to sunny Marlborough. DH is in the airforce and away a fair bit so I mostly knit to keep busy in the evenings, and to increase the girly side of things around here.

I'm very excited to be doing my first test knit for Julia.

KJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Paws Wed May 19, 2010 12:58 am

Just thought I'd pop in and introduce myself.

I'm known mostly as Gen/Paws but on Rav I'm TheNuttyKnitter76. I'm a SAHM to 2 (DD - 3.5yrs and DS 6weeks) along with 5 cats and 3 rabbits.

I've been knitting since my daughter was a few months old and am totally addicted to all things knitting, yarn etc. (just ask my hubby what happened to his liquor cabinet - what? my patterns look good stored in there!)
Paws
Paws

Back to top Go down

Post by Delilah Wed May 19, 2010 2:49 am

Hi I'm Nikki IRL, Delilah-J on Rav/TNN (dozens of Mauve Delilah roses in my wedding bouquet and I LUFF them Smile )

I live a couple of minutes up the road from Julia and have joined up here so I can do some testing for her.

The usual "taught by nana" knitting when I was a kid, but never finished anything and funnily enough they were always piggy squares or scalfs.

Decided to teach myself to knit properly when my daughter was one, after discovering the Knitting forum on TNN.

I am mum to gorgeous Sophie (just turned 3, but looks about 4.5yrs) and lovely Carlo 6 months, wife to Dane (sometimes lovely too Smile )

Still only doing pretty basic stuff, but trying hard to upskill at the moment.

I definitely have the bug though, and am obsessed with browsing and learning about different types of yarn ATM.

So that's me Smile

Last edited by Delilah on Wed May 19, 2010 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the kiddies!)
Delilah
Delilah

Back to top Go down

Post by Prairiedog Fri May 21, 2010 9:43 am

Howdy all,

I recognise many names on here. Nice to see some of you after a long break for me.

I'm Christine, SAHM to four kids (11yo G, 9yo G, 6yo G and almost 4yo B), living in Wellington. I'm usually VanJeffery on the net, but am PrairieDog on Rav and my blog is Purdy Peas. I have two sock patterns, a bookmark and an uber simple tooth pouch on Rav.

Am currently test knitting for Julia.

xoxo

Prairiedog

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss-Shelley Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:28 am

Hey all!

I'm Shelley, SAHM to 2 (DS almost 5 & DD almost 3) living in Auckland and I recognise a few of you. I've been knitting for a little bit over a year probably and love it!

Miss-Shelley on rav (was mumoftwo up until this morning when I changed it to be in line with my TNN name Miss Shelley) Introducing The Testers Icon_biggrin
Miss-Shelley
Miss-Shelley

Back to top Go down

Post by foxslane Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:31 am

Hi all, I'm Kate/Foxs Lane/ Daylesford Organics,
I am wife to my farmer boy and mama to my three girlies.
I live and work on an organic farm in Daylesford, Australia.
I have only started knitting in the last few months but am completely obsessed and finding it hard to put the needles down to do anything else.
Very excited to start my first test knit soon.
Have

foxslane

Back to top Go down

Post by grubbiejulz Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:12 am

Hi All.......I'm Julie.....grubbiejulz everywhere

SAHM to Jack [8] and Charlie [2.5] Wife to the Military. I live in Auckland

I have been knitting again since Charlie was 12mths old and my friend Tash [Tasho, Snoopy] couldn't really keep up with my supply demands Shocked:
I did a fair bit of knitting and crochet as a pre teen/teen

I now knit to veg out/ignore the world/save my sanity LOL

cheers
grubbiejulz
grubbiejulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: